Skip to main content

"Arsenal are in the Champions League Final for the first time in their club's history!"

Need I say more?

My beloved Gunners survived the expected onslaught from an overzealous (and at times, cheating) Villarreal side after Kolo Kolo has given us the precious 1 goal lead from the first leg at Highbury.

To be honest, the 2nd leg wasn't really the spectacle it was hyped up to be, up till the final 2 minutes when it suddenly exploded in controversial circumstances. The darn Jose M... (not Mourinho but Mari, but both are equally shite!) went down in the penalty box after a slight nudge from our young left back, Clichy. It was the worst ever possible feeling I ever got from a soccer match. It's worse than the Wayne Bridge winner at Highbury in the quarter finals 2 years ago... I mean, whats up with the Ref.. 2 minutes to go before someone reached the Final, and he have to come out and grab the limelight!?!

So it was the Argentine wizard, schemer, football aristocrat, Riquelme VS Lehmann, the German Psycho, with a penchant of screwing things up at the most awkward of times to decide whether the match would be sent into extra time OR Arsenal to Paris on May the 17th.

I must admit, I never had the habit of nail-chewing no matter how nervous I was, but yesterday was absolutely different, I was squatting down with a pillow on the floor, all wide awake at 5am in the morning, wishing Lehmann would just get this right. From the look of Riquelme's face here...

One would think, there is absolutely NO CHANCE that he will come up with a weak penalty at such a critical time. Then this happens..


YAY!!! LEHMANN PUNCHES IT AWAY!!! And I just went ballistic! Jumping up and down like a monkey in front of the TV asif it was me who saved it! LOL! At that moment, the tiredness of not sleeping and being awake for almost 20 hours just abandoned me right on the spot. It was an incredible feeling and quoting from Siva.. "It feels better than SEX just for the moment" Heh. It sure feels great to be a Gooner! =D Arsenal Forever!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Squeezing my brain juices....

H owdy everyone... I just removed the hit counters... its been giving me crosses for the past few weeks, I guess I just hafta do without it, so you people.. make some sounds... its kinda depressing looking at 0 comments all over my blog.. haha. Never mind.. think no one got anything to say about my posts. It seems that everytime I'm moody or had nothing to do, then I will reluctantly come here and give inputs. Hmm. Can anyone tell me how do you get over a person whom you like, but can almost never get? Hahaz... My thoughts are killing me (not that I have any suicidal thoughts), but its depressing me out. Went to Esplanade to kill time yesterday... took one photo of the CBD "skyscrapers"... Singapore is so boring you know... not much places to go... Daydreaming and idling all the time infront of this idiot box... I'm going crazy!~ Hahahz... Pathetic Gab, get a life... "I can't deny the way that I'm feeling... It's true." -- Craig Davids

boring boring holidays.

Hello everyone!~ Its been a while since I last posted anything at all on this blog. Well..for starters, I just figured out how to post images onto the blog using BloggerBot.. *pops champagne*... duh... Okay okay... let's see what I have with me on my mind today... First of all, it's the freaking School Holidays.... yay... and I'm rotting at home 24/7 until 30th May... *frantically praying for that date to come quickly* Haha.. exams over, now waiting for the young ones (secondary school) to finish their exams, so I can have company on Habbo~! Haha.. im sooo childish. Exams results came out a few days ago, I must say I'm not very happy with my results, but my Maths gave me a big, big surprise... (Just like when Senegal won France 1-0 in the World Cup 2002 opener) I scored a A!~ haha... but other modules to disappoint me are mainly CA and ACS... =\ Moving on, I started going for Driving Theory lessons... I picked Auto Transmission... but did i make the wrong choice? Haha....

the gabbeh has landed...

Y o yo yo , check it out! Gabbeh's back in business! New template albeit a default one to start the blogging season off again. It's almost 5 months since the year 2k7 started and well, I was free enough to come here and say something. It's almost a year since I got enlisted (and also, blogged). And boy, has the year being a mixture of joy and sorrow. Gone were the days where I get stuck at home for hours during weekdays, I now only have the luxury of weekends at home. Soon-to-be.. irregular days at home. Met alot of people while in service. All kinds of people. My cloudy future seems alittle more clearer now and I'm thankful for that. Gonna post out of IMOS soon, so probably feeling rather worried about what's next. But if I am forced to speak the truth, I would say I feel confident of handling whatever that comes my way when I'm going for O.J.T. Family-wise, it's much calmer nowadays, except for the odd argument that happens every bi-monthly (most of the ti...